Literature Drinking Water Treatment
- Saltnes, T.: "Contact filtration of humic waters in expanded clay aggregate filters" Doctoral thesis, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway.
- Saltnes, T., Eikebrokk, B. and Odegaard, H. (2002) Contact filtration of humic waters: performance of an expanded clay aggregate filter (Filtralite) compared to a dual anthracite/sand filter, Wat. Sci. Tech.: Wat. Sup.,Vol 2, No 5-6, pp 17-23
- Saltnes, T., Odegaard, H. and Eikebrokk, E. (2002) Coagulation optimisation for NOM removal by direct filtration in clay aggregate filters J Water SRT - Aqua 51, pp 125-134
- Eikebrokk, B. and Saltnes, T.(2002) NOM removal from drinking water by chitosan coagulation and filtration through lightweight expanded clay aggregate filters, J Water SRT - Aqua 51, pp 323-332
- Eikebrokk, B.and Saltnes, T. (2001) Removal of natural organic matter (NOM) using different coagulants and lightweight expanded clay aggregate filters Water Science & Technology: Water Supply, Vol 1, No 2, pp 131–140
- Melin, E., Bohne, R., Sjøvold, F. and Ødegaard, H.:"Treatment of ozonated water in biofilters containing different media". Wat. Sci. Tech. Vol. 41, No 4-5, 2000.
- Melin, E S and Ødegaard, H "Biofiltration of Ozonated Humic Water in Expanded Clay Aggregates Filters". Wat. Sci. Tech., Vol. 40, No 9, pp 165-172, 1999.
- Ødegaard, H., Eikebrokk, B. and Storhaug, R. "Processes for the removal of humic substances from water – an overview based on Norwegian experiences". Wat.Sci.Tech., Vol 40, No 9, pp 37-46, 1999
- Melin, E. and Ødegaard H.:"The effect of biofilter loading rate on the removal of organic ozonation by-products". Accepted for publication in Water Research 2000
- Melin, E. and Ødegaard, H. "Biofiltration of Ozonated Humic Water in Expanded Clay Agg-regate Filters". Proc. IAWQ/IWSA Joint Specialized Conf. on Removal of Humic Substances from Water, Trondheim, Norway, June, 1999. TAPIR publ. pp 175–182.
- Ødegaard, H, Eikebrokk, B. and Storhaug, R. "Processes for the removal of humic substances from water - An overview based on Norwegian experiences" Proc. IAWQ/IWSA Joint Specia-lized Conf. on Removal of Humic Substances from Water, Trondheim, Norway, June, 1999. TAPIR publ. Trondheim, Norway, pp 43-52.
- Melin, E S, Bohne, R A, Sjøvold, F and Ødegaard H. "Treatment of Ozonated Water in Bio-filters Containing Different Media". Proc. IAWQ/IWA Conference on Biofilm Systems, New York, USA, October 17-20, 1999.
- Melin, E. og Ødegaard, H.: "Optimalisering av vannbehandling basert på ozonering/-biofiltrering. Proc. Drikkevannsforskning 2000, Kursdagene NTNU, Januar 2000
- Saltnes, T. og Eikebrokk, B.: "Utprøving av nytt filtermateriale til drikkevannsrensing". Proc. Drikkevannsforskning 2000, Kursdagene NTNU, Januar 2000
- Eikebrokk, B. and Saltnes, T.: "Testing of a new granular filter media". CD-rom Ttexts of posters at 1’st Biennial IWA Conference, Paris July 2000.
- Eikebrokk, B. and Saltnes, T.: "NOM removal from drinking water by chitosan coagulation and filtration through leight-weight expanded clay aggregate filters". International Conference on Innovations in Classic and Conventional Water Treatment Processes, Amsterdam, September 2002
- Eikebrokk, B. and Saltnes, T.: "NOM removal from drinking water by coagulation and filtration through leight-weight expanded clay aggregate filters". IV International Conference on Water Supply and Water Quality, Krakow, September 2000
- Eikebrokk, B.:"Utprøving av nytt filtermateriale til drikkevannsrensing" Rapportnr. STF22 F96320, 1996 (Fortrolig)
- Eikebrokk, B. og Saltnes, T.: "Attrition of Filtralite HC 2.5-5.0 during backwash. Report nr. STF22 F99302 (Restricted)
- Eikebrokk, B.: "Pilot scale testing of Filtralite as an alternative to anthracite in dual media filters treating coagulated humic waters. Report nr. STF22 F00311, 2000 (Restricted)
- Kristensen, R. (2001) Flocculation in direct filtration of humic drinking water, Dept. of Hydr. and Env. Eng., NTNU, Norway
- Kolstad, Øystein : "Bruk av oppstrøms Leca-filter ved behandling av humusvann med ozonering/biofiltrering". Institutt for vassbygging, NTNU, D1-1997-31
- Melin, E.S. and Ødegaard, H.:"Removal of organic ozonation by-products(OBP's) in biological filters" in Torolfsson, S. (red): VAR-forskningsdagene '98, NTNU 8.-9. juni, 1998, TAPIR Forlag ISBN 82-519-1347-0, pp 137-146, 1998
Literature Waste Water Treatment
- Magnhild Føllesdal, Helle Frodahl and Ola Toftdahl:" Use of down-flow dual media granular filters to obtain strict discharge limits at Bekkelaget WWTP in Norway"
- Ødegaard, H., Gisvold, B., Helness, H., f. Sjøvold and Z.Liao:"High rate biological/chemical treatment based on the moving bed biofilm process combined with coagulation". In: Hahn, H.H., Hoffmann, E., Ødegaard,H.(eds) : "Chemical water and wastewater treatment VI". Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2000, pp 245- 255
- Leiknes, T, Ødegaard, H. and Alvik, S:"Removal of ammonium in filters based on expanded clay media (Filtralite ZL)" in Torolfsson, S. (red): VAR-forskningsdagene '98, NTNU 8.-9. juni, 1998, TAPIR Forlag ISBN 82-519-1347-0, pp 187-197, 1998
- Gisvold, B., Ødegaard, H, Føllesdal, M. "Enhancing the removal of ammonia in nitrifying bio-filters by the use of a zeolite containing expanded day aggregate filtermedia". 8th IAWQ Con-ference on Design, Operation and Economics of Large Wastewater Treatment Plants. Budapest, Hungary, 6-9 sept. 1999.
- Gisvold, B, Ødegaard, H, Føllesdal, M. "Enhanced removal of ammonia by combined adsorpt-ion/nitrification in expanded day filters". Proc. IAWQ Conference on Biofilm Systems. New York, USA, 17-20 Oct. 1999.
- Gisvold, B.: "Fjerning av ammonium I avløpsvann med Filtralite ZL". Rapportnr. STF22 F98337, 1998 (Fortrolig)
- Fløgstad, H.: Filtralite-P resultater fra isotermforsøk og kolonneforsøk. Rapportnr, F99304, 1999 (Fortrolig)
- Eikebrokk, B. og Saltnes, T.: "Attrition of Filtralite HC 2.0-5.0 during backwash. Report nr. STF22 F99302 (Restricted)
- Sjøvold, F: SC1.3 Enhanced separation-filtration. Reportno STF22 F99312, 1999 (Fortrolig Oppdr.giver: Anglian Water Ltd.).
- Kinga Adam: "LIght weight aggregates and shellsand. Filter materials for phosphorous sorption in small-scale wastewater treatment systems". Norwegian University of Life Sciences. ISSN: 1503-1667, ISBN: 82-575-0717-2, 2006
- Trond Mæhlum: "Cold climate constructed wetlands: Aerobic pre-treatment and horizontal subsurface flow systems for domestic sewage and landfill leachate purification". Jordforsk Centre for Soil and Environmental Research, ISSN 0802-3220, ISBN 82-575-0348-7, 1998
- Alvik, Solveig : "Anvendelse av aggregater av ekspandert leire (Filtralite ZL) for fjerning av ammonium i avløpsvann". Institutt for vassbygging, NTNU, D1-1997-27.
Literature On-Site Water Treatment
In the list below you will find literature references on the use of Filtralite in on-site wastewater treatment systems
- Ana. V. Dordia, Càtia Duarte, Magarida Barreiros, A.J.Palace Carvalho, A.P. Pinto, Cristian Teixeira da Costa, Bioresource Tehcnology 100 (2009) Toxity and removal efficiency of pharmaceutical metabolite clofibric acid by Typha spp. - Potentioal use for phytoremediation./li>
- Ana Dordia, A.J Palace Caravalho, Dora Martins Teixeira, Cristian Barrocas Dias, Ana Paula Pinto, Bioresource Technology 101 (2010) Removal of pharamaceuticlas in micorcosm constructed wetlands using Typha spp. and LECA.
- Ana V. Dordio*, Josè Teimão, Idàlia Ramalho, A. J. Palace Carvalho, A. J. Estêvão Candeias Science of Total Environment 380 (2007) Selecton of a support matrix for the removal of some phenoxyatic compounds in constructed wetlands systems.
- Ana V. Dordio, A.J Estêvão Candeias, A.P. Pinto, C. Teixeira da Costa, A.J. Palace Caralho, Ecological Engineering (2009) Preliminary media screening for application in the removal of clofibric acid, carbamazepine og ibuprofen by SSF-constructed wetlands.
- Jenssen, P.D., Maehlum, T., Krogstad, T. and Vraale, L. (2002) High performance constructed wetlands for cold climates, Paper at the 8th Int. Conf. on Wetlands for Water Pollution Control, Arusha, Tanzania, 16-19 Sept., 2005. Submitted to Wat. Sci. Tech.
- Jenssen, P.D. and Krogstad, T. (2002) Design of constructed wetlands using phosphorus sorbing lightweight aggregate (LWA), preprint from Constructed Wetlands for Cold Climate, Mander, U. and Jenssen, P. D. (ed.) 2002.
- Browne, W. and Jenssen, P.D. (2001) Exeeding Tertiary Standards With a Pond/Reed bed System in Norway, Ecological Engineering for Landscape Services and Products, Lincoln University, New Zealand 25-29 Nov, 2005.
- Jenssen, P.D. (2001) Natural and recycling systems for wastewater treatment, extended abstract of keynote presentation in Ecological Engineering for Landscape Services and Products, Lincoln University, New Zealand 25-29 Nov, 2001.
- Jenssen, P.D., Vråle, L. and Lindholm, O. (2001) Sustainable wastewater treatment, 2nd Nordic-Japan Environment Conference, November 5-6, 2001, Nagano, Japan.
- Jenssen, P.D. (2001) Design and performance of ecological sanitation systems in Norway, Firste International Conference on Ecological Sanitation, Nanning, China. November 5-7, 2001.
- Krogstad, T. Jenssen P.D. and Stensen, G. (2000) Heavy metal accumulation in subsurface flow constructed wetlands treating domestic wastewater.
- Heistad, A., Jenssen, P.D. and Frydenlund, A.S. (2000) A new combined distribution and pre-treatment unit for wastewater soil infiltration systems, in Mancl, K. (ed). Proc. Ninth National Symp. on Individual and Small Community Sewage Systems, Fort Worth, March 11-14, pp. 200-206.
- Kvarnstrom, E., Morell, C. and Krogstad, T. (2000) Agricultural Recycling of Filter Substrates derived from Small-scale Wastewater Treatment Systems, Water Research.
- Jenssen, P.D. and Heistad, A. (2000) Naturbaserte renseløsninger.
- Mæhlum, T. (1996) Oppsummering av aktiviteter med utprøving av Lecafilter, summary from Prosjekt Dammer og våtmarker NAT, 1996.